Tim is recognised as a leading practitioner before disciplinary professional tribunals and is uniquely well-placed to achieve results for clients having served as a legal advisor to several regulatory bodies.
Advice on the conduct of, and responding to, investigations of regulatory authorities together with advocacy before appropriate tribunals:
- The Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and the Solicitors’ Disciplinary Tribunal
- The General Medical Council and the Medical Practitioners’ Tribunal
- The General Dental Council
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- The Insolvency Practitioners Association
If you are a facing a disciplinary investigation or proceedings, it is vital that you instruct a lawyer as soon as possible.
Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
Tim is an experienced, widely respected and highly sought-after professional disciplinary barrister. He has enjoyed very considerable success for solicitors faced with either an intervention or an investigation and “prosecution” by the SRA.
Recent cases have included:
- Advising a solicitor accused of having falsified documents for use in litigation (case dropped)
- Representing a solicitor before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) who was acquitted of having breached a raft of provisions of the Solicitors Code of Conduct and Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Advising a solicitor whose property was frozen by injunction obtained by the SRA following an intervention into his practice (injunction removed by agreement);
- Representing a solicitor who was subject to a finding of dishonesty by the SDT but, exceptionally, was not struck off
Tim’s practice includes advising solicitors faced with an investigation, drafting written representations to the SRA on their behalf, corresponding with the SRA, advising the solicitor prior to an interview, negotiation with the SRA as to disposal and all aspects of representation and advocacy before the SDT.
Tim has advised both COLPs and COFAs on policies, procedures and risk assessment. In addition, he is available to assist in relation to the Suitability Test.
Tim has also advised solicitors in relation to the imposition of conditions on their Practising Certificates.
For urgent advice please call Tim on +44 (0)7976 937442 or contact him here.